LinkedIn recently added a new feature to its mobile app. Now you can search for jobs on the go, apply for jobs anytime and anywhere, through your smartphone.
Your LinkedIn job app will provide job recommendations for you or you can search for jobs using keywords.
And, LinkedIn’s job app has created a way for you to use your LinkedIn Profile as your resume.
Here’s how the job application process works on LinkedIn’s mobile app:
- Click on “Jobs” and type in the appropriate keywords or pick from one of your personalized job recommendations.
- For every job, you’ll see the option to either “Apply” now or “Save Job” for later. If you are ready to apply, click the “Apply” button to review your LinkedIn Profile.
- NOTE: Some jobs will have an “Apply on Company Website” button in cases where the company requires the job seeker to apply on their corporate career site.
- When using your LinkedIn Profile to apply, you’ll have the option to edit your Profile directly from the app before submitting it. If your Profile is already up-t0-date, simply hit “Next.”
- On the last screen, you’ll be asked to confirm your email address and phone number. These fields are automatically completed based on your LinkedIn Profile. But you can also edit them.
Next, hit the “Submit” button and LinkedIn will deliver your application to your future employer. It’s that simple!
If you have LinkedIn’s Job Application and have already begun applying for jobs on your mobile phone, please leave a comment. We would love to hear about your experience!