This new visual component of the information you can share on LinkedIn brings in one of the better aspects of Facebook or Pinterest, letting users take advantage of the visual nature of the internet. And it takes them one step further, allowing you to share documents and PowerPoint presentations with your followers and colleagues on LinkedIn.
How do you get started?
1. Click on the paperclip at the right side of your share box (Status Update box) on your LinkedIn Homepage.
2. On your computer, search for an image, document, or presentation that you would like to upload to your LinkedIn Status Updates.
- An example would be a picture of an inspirational quote.
- Or an image that goes with a new story you are sharing.
- It could be an E-book that has been helpful to you or an E-book you’ve written.
This new feature lets users add a richer, more visual component to their Status Updates. Now don’t just say it, display it!
What kinds of documents or images are you sharing on LinkedIn in your Status Updates?? We’d love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below.