Nothing good comes out of being a couch potato. Sure, you can stay up-to-date with the most recent Jersey Shore drama and memorize the choreography for every Glee performance, but will this help you in the long run? NO, absolutely not.
The same is true of LinkedIn – if you’re a LinkedIn Couch Potato, you won’t get results (e.g., new business partners, clients, a new job).
So here are 6 Reasons to be Active on LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn Activity moves you higher up in LinkedIn People searches – this means people who search for your services will be more likely to find you.
- You’re more likely to show up in the Weekly Status Email that goes out to your Connections. Being in the Weekly Status Update Email keeps you top-of-mind.
- You’ll be more visible to people in your network who might give you new business or a new job because you will appear in the LinkedIn Update feed.
- If you’re actively giving helpful information to people in your LinkedIn network (e.g., writing informative status updates), you’re being of value to your connections.
- You can keep your colleagues, boss, clients informed of your recent accomplishments (which could lead to a promotion
- Being active on LinkedIn increases your credibility. LinkedIn Activity shows that you’re interested in your field, involved with your business and your business network, and enthusiastic about what you do. All important traits to convey when you’re working to attract new clients or potential employers.