From the get go, LinkedIn Endorsements have been a topic of scrutiny. Some people love them, some people hate them. Now that the feature has a few months under its belt, it’s time to see what it’s accomplished. Here’s what LinkedIn has found*:
- 18 million people have given Endorsements and 58 million have received Endorsements. This means that the people who are giving out Endorsements are habitually giving them to more than one person. Could this be an early indication of Endorsement Junkies? It’s yet to be seen.
- Endorsers and Endorsees are four times as likely to have their Profiles viewed on LinkedIn.
- Since the beginning of Endorsements, LinkedIn has seen twice as many recommendations. What does this mean? It means that those of us who were worried about Endorsements coming in and kicking Recommendations to the wayside can sleep a little easier tonight.
- LinkedIn has seen an increase of about twice the amount of Skills added. (And might I add, FINALLY.)
- The top Endorsement is “Strategic Planning.”
- 298,000 people have been Endorsed for “Wine.” They must be convincing complainers or professional lushes.
- “Water treatment” was the one billionth LinkedIn Endorsement. It happened on March 6, 2013.
Check out more interesting facts about LinkedIn Endorsements by following this link below: